Friday, September 4, 2009

I inhale music the way most people inhale oxygen. I swear, I download at least twenty new songs a week. I'm not saying it's all good. (Why can't I say no to you, Miley?!) But I kinda do have good taste in music. What's weird is that at one point, I was as mainstream and poppy as they came and as time goes on, I find myself drifting further and further from that. (Well... y'know except for Miley. And The Jonas Brothers. And Selena Gomez. Okay, stopping.) Isn't it supposed to work in reverse? Like, when you're a teenager, aren't you supposed to be all hip and cutting edge and then when you're thirtyfive, should you be listening to like Maroon 5? It's cool, though, because now with iTunes, you can just buy like one song by an artist and get a nice sampling of all kinds of different new music. I swear, I don't even give my music a chance to get old. Like I said, at least twenty new songs a week. I can't imagine how much I'd be spending if I still had to buy CDs. Or maybe I'd just go without. Maybe.

It's kinda cool to discover new artists, but it kinda sucks when you hear a new artist and fall in love with them only to realize they aren't new at all! They've been around for years, and I just never heard of them only to now realize they have like five albums. What am I supposed to do then? Generally, I pick like their most popular songs and download those, but what if I like them ALL?! Three examples...
Plushgun. Quirky, indie pop, awesome. I have two of their songs now. "Just Impolite" (which I think I saw on NewNowNext on Logo... which by the way, set your Tivos! Best source of new, cool, music around! Sometimes. Some weeks, I'll buy almost every song they show. Others, none.) I also got their second single "Let Me Kiss You Now (And I'll Fade Away)." I kinda like how the one guy looks kind of like Seth Rogan. Anyway, just delightful, catchy indie pop. Two thumbs up!










I think Owl City's song "Fireflies" was the free song on iTunes a few weeks ago, but since then, it also has been on NewNowNext. The first time I heard it, I thought "Is Ben Gibbard in ANOTHER band?" It sounds exactly like The Postal Service! But, no, this is another guy who just happens to sound exactly like Ben Gibbard. And, yet again, they appear to have been around for a while now, and have several releases on iTunes. What to do what to do.





And... Levi Kreis. He's my favorite. Um, okay, yes he's hot. Let's just get that out of the way. BUT, I LOVE his music! He has one old album called "One of the Ones" which I think is all him just singing and playing piano. No other musicians. "I Should Go" is one of the most gorgeous songs I have ever heard. Also, check out "Hardly The Hero." He has a newer album, "Where I Belong" which has a more full-band sound. He reminds me of Jason Mraz. That whole singer-songwriter thing. He is amazing! I bought the whole "Where I Belong" album, but for whatever reason, iTunes won't let me "Complete My Album" for "One of the Ones." Hopefully, it will soon. I keep listening to the same five songs over and over. LOVE!

Here's another hot pic, just cuz! Don't say I never gave you anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment