Thursday, July 21, 2011

Throwback Thursday - Outrageous October!

October 11 is going to be the most OUTRAGEOUS day ever, when Shout! Factory releases Jem and the Holograms: The Truly Outrageous Complete Series on DVD! Years ago, Rhino had the rights and issued Seasons 1 & 2 (in one set) and 3 Part 1, but never FINISHED the series before they lost the rights. Among the unreleased episodes was the fan-beloved "Out of the Past" that for the first time revealed the secret origins of the band, revealing secrets about Jerrica and Kimber's parents and that Aja and Shana had been the first Starlight Girls, effectively making them Jerrica and Kimber's adopted sisters! (Oh... maybe I should have spoiler alerted that.)
Not only that, but the fourth season, introducing new characters The Stingers, Astral and Regine, which marked a noticeable leap forward in drama and character development was also unreleased. NOW, finally, fans can enjoy the Truly Outrageous world of Jem in all its glory!
Am I crazy for thinking I'm not only going to buy the complete series, but the individual season releases too? Nah! Nothing's crazy when it comes to Jem! Also, I LOVE Shout! Factory for releasing the complete series up front rather than doling the seasons out bit by bit. They did it with GI Joe too, which I have. (The Movie was a separate release.) That way, die hards like myself can get our fix all at once, but casual fans and buyers can pick up more affordable alternatives over time. YES!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it'd be great if I could watch the whole series and actually understand it. When local tv aired it I was only 4 or 5 and English isn't my first language.

    ReplyDelete