Thursday, October 14, 2010

Throwback Thursday 10-14-10

Topless Robot ran a great list of the Top 10 Greatest Jumbo Machinders/Shogun Warriors, which included Mazinger Z, but sadly not Aphrodite A. (Actually, I don't think there originally was an Aphrodite toy. I think she's a more recent development.) Anyway, this list makes a nice followup to the Tranzor Z blog I wrote a while back.

I actually don't have anything else to talk about today, so let's do a little throwback dance party going waaaaaaaaay back to the 80s!

We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off - Jermaine Stewart

Someone went shopping at Chess King! I still have this CD and will continue owning it because it is out of print, on the off chance something catastrophic happens to my MP3 collection. Because when I go to salvage what I can of my music history, THIS song must be present. WHAT was that bit with the woman in the graduation cap?! Is that a fetish I knew nothing about? And I know a lot about fetishes. More than I wish I did.

The Glamorous Life - Sheila E.


Hey, remember that time a huge Samoan family formed a band and had the biggest hit that filled the dance floor/basketball court at your 6th Grade Homecoming Dance?... Oh, just me? Okay...
Crush On You - The Jets

I just remember that song was on Nick Rocks EV-Er-Y-DAY for... I dunno a YEAR?! Also, SEE?! People really did dress like Jem dolls! And Keytar with piano key STRAP? WIN! All 37 Flavors of WIN!

Right On Track - The Breakfast Club

Was that Pee Wee's Playhouse? Fun Facts! Madonna used to be in this band! She dated the lead singer, Dan Gilroy and the drummer, Stephen Bray produced a lot of her early hits!

Tell It To My Heart - Taylor Dayne

(Which Cathy and I WILL be doing at karaoke the next time we go out... prepare yourselves!) Also, gurrrrl, yo bangs called and said, "Ouch!"

Some Kind of Lover - Jody Watley (Ahhhhhhhhh Aaaaahhhhhh Ahhhhh Ahhhh Ahhhh!)

I could SO devote a whole Throwback to Jody Watley! Consider this an appetizer for just that!

Okay! Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment