Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tune In Tuesday 08-10-10 Alex Goot

I surprised myself somewhat, the other day when I realized what a crazy fan I am of Katy Perry's!
I mean, of course I liked "I Kissed A Girl" and "Hot-N-Cold!" (Who doesn't? Nazis, Republicans and child molesters, probably.) But, even so, I never really thought of myself as a FAN. But "California Gurls" ROCKETED into my Top 25 Most Played songs on iTunes faster than any other song ever! (Not counting songs I had on repeat and then fell asleep to, ahem, "S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)" by Jordin Sparks. Number One by such a ridiculous number that it shall probably never be toppled until I die or someone else decides to sample Shannon on a track, which... will never again happen.) But anyway, "Teenage Dream" is RAPIDLY racing behind. I L-U-U-V it!!! I listen to it over and over!

So enamored am I of Miz Perry's music, I even sought out any cool cover versions of her songs I could find. (String quartet version? Done! Get in my shopping cart!) This led me to discover a delightful musician named Alex Goot. (Also known simply as Goot.)
HOW? EFFEN?? KEWT??? IS???? THIS???? KID?????

Check out his dreamy cover of "California Gurls." Swoon!


Did you see that? He played ALL those instruments! But wait! There's more! He's done several awesome cover songs, most recently Taio Cruz's hit "Dynamite."

And "Bad Romance!"


There's more, but the most startling and amazing is his reinterpretation of Cascada's insipid Euro Pop hit "Everytime We Touch," which Alex performs as a GORGEOUS piano ballad!


Did I mention HOW FREAKIN' ADORABLE he is?! With his rosy apple cheeks! I've decided that he deserves an award, so I am officially bestowing upon him the title of Off My Bird Chest CERTIFIED Cutie-Pie Doll-Baby!
All these tracks are available on iTunes so DL away. But wait! There's YET more! He does original music! Here is an original song called "I Love Your Existence" which has kind of a Something Corporate vibe.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment