Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

"There. Now let's go give those Injuns that saved our lives smallpox and steal their land!"

S0... let me think of the things I have to be thankful for this year.

1. My wonder, amazing husband. We may have our ups and downs, but there is no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with. I have never known anyone so loving and wonderful and feel truly special and grateful!

2. My pain-in-the-ass stepson... he drives me nuts, but I couldn't imagine my life without him.

3. My most amazing friends... I love you all and hope you all know how much you mean to me!

4. Both of us having jobs, his being a real job that pays well, mine being... better than nothing. Having a house and living comfortably. These are hard times and people with a lot more have lost a their jobs and homes, so to still be comfortable and safe, makes me thankful!

5. Anyone who reads this blog... seriously, it's so all over the place and probably boring to some people, so if you check in, even if it's every so often, I appreciate it. I also really appreciate comments and feedback, ahem. But seriously, THANKS! I really enjoy writing it and I hope you enjoy reading it. It's my only writing gig right now and even though I don't make any money off of it, I get to write about stuff I love (and sometimes HATE), so it's the perfect gig. Thanks again!

6. The genius of Calvin Klein and his hiring of Kellan Lutz as his model for his latest line of undies. Seriously, I've gotten more mileage out of this than any other topic, except maybe Dazzler and Luke Cage!

7.The fact that it appears that Glee and The Walking Dead have gotten their act together... for now. They'll probably turn around and shit on me again next week, but I totally loved the last eps of both. Glee won me back by simply being sweet. The bromance between Finn and Kurt was just so charming and Finn won my heart all over again. (Also, am I the only one noticing that Rachel gets like ZERO screen time anymore? I'm not complaining!!!) I am apprehensive about Kurt being part of The Warblers at Sectionals rather than with New Directions, though. And The Walking Dead, despite being an all new, original storyline, it was a really INTERESTING one. The idea of Rick & Co. getting captured by a Latino gang seemed eye-rollingly stupid in the trailer, but there was a twist that I certainly didn't see coming and the story wound up being quite good! Well done! (I'm sure it helped that this episode was written by Robert Kirkman, the creator of the comic book.)

8.
Batwoman, the most unique, idiosyncratic mainstream super hero book out there. PLUS, the highest profile GLBT character in comics... but that's beside the point. J.H. Williams III's absolutely stunning and defiantly different artwork definitely helps! Just stunning, month after month!Also, Brightest Day. Hate to say it, but a lot of the DC Universe is a hot mess right now, so my main fave is this excellent book showcasing the majority of the classic Justice League, re-establishing their lives in the modern DCU. Plus, it heavily showcases Aquaman and Mera and the new Aqualad. Also, I'm thankful for one of my childhood faves, Mera being placed front and center in the new DCU. In the past couple of years, she's gotten a stunning Tonner doll, her very first action figure and been depicted on Smallville and Batman: The Brave & The Bold. Go on, girl!

Well... I'm certainly thankful for a lot more, but that about covers the highlights. Life, love, TV, comics... what more is there? Oh... toys! I'm thankful for my complete set of Monster High dolls and the fact that I got them at retail and don't have to pay $40 a piece for them. I'm thankful for all the fun DC stuff coming out now. The new streamlined Funko line is so much fun and DCUC while kind of a pain to collect, is THE definitive DC toy collection. Okay... like I said, there's more, but those are the biggies! Hope everyone has a wonderful day and another year of prosperity and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment