Friday, April 22, 2011

WTFriday?! - Say What, Australians?!

"Thor declareth this to be BULLSHIT!!!"
WTF?! Thor and "Fast Five" (Is that the real title?!) opened opposite each other in Australia and Fast Five WON! Who the fuck even likes those stupid movies? I've never even seen ONE of them! I mean, all you gotta say is "starring Paul Walker" and I'm like, "Oh, this is my stop. Lemme off this thing." And throw Vin Diesel and The Rock in the mix it's like they're TRYING to put together the least appealing cast since The Expendables. Well, I've heard Australia referred to as "the Alabama of the world," so maybe that explains it.
So... what does this mean? Fans are geeked up over Thor, but... is it just us? Has the rest of society moved on from the comic book movie genre? But... how? How could they move on from the comic book genre and not the racing cars movie?
And Chris Hemsworth is AUSTRALIAN! I am just stunned and outraged and HOPING that this isn't a sign of things to come!

Also, I wanted to post this on Tuesday, but I forgot, but Tune In to, Glee Presents The Warblers!
The Warblers are my favorite part of Glee as far as music. (I don't care for Kurt being one of them and generally, none of them has a personality.) But they do REAL show choir music with the beat-boxing and harmonizing and all that jazz that makes their music sound so cool and not just like carbon copies of the original versions of those songs. That's what people loved so much about "Don't Stop Believin'" on the first episode, is that the cast were making the "music" vocally (some of it anyway), but when they're just singing the lyrics over real instruments and it sounds just the same as the original, what's the point?
But I'm glad Kurt is returning to McKinley next week. It was kind of stupid having him at a completely different school and therefore making him inaccessible to the main plots and his own plots irrelevant to the rest of the episodes. I'd say they should do a Warbler's spin-off, but like I said, they're kinda boring. They're have to switch things up, I think, in order to make it work. Do they even have names? I just call them black guy with fro, tall blond guy, fat guy, Asian leader guy, black assistant leader guy...

I don't know the context for this performance of "Somewhere Only We Know" from next week's episode, but it makes me sad!


Wow, what are the odds of a full orchestra just sitting there with their instruments?! That's crazy! And HOW MUCH DO I LOVE FINN AND KURT BEING BROTHERS?!?! SO SWEET!!!

Also included on The Warbler's album is "What Kind of Fool." I don't know this song, but I love their version.

And "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?"


And just for the hell of it, he's an encore of "Teenage Dream" the TOP selling Glee song ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment