Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Top 25 of 2010 - 20-16

20. The Weepies - Be My Thrill
This is going to be an anomoly on this chart, but I just really love it and it's one of my most listened to songs of the year. Best line, "my little hot slut!" It belongs on every Valentine's mix cd ever from now on. And the video is adorable!
Align Center

19. Antoine Dodson and The Gregory Brothers - Bed Intruder Song
It's the new "Tardy For The Party" except Antoine Dodson didn't go into a recording studio and lay down these phat vocals, they were remixed from his appearance on the news! INCREDIBLE! Cathy asked, "What would you do if you were at a club and they played this?" My response, "If I'm in a club, THEY BETTER play this!" Run and tell THAT... Homeboy!!!


18. Ruth-Lena Landgraf - Satellite
Yes, I know you've probably never heard it. You'll have to download it, because there isn't a video for this version of the song. It was originally the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest and was sung by Lena Meyer Landrut (yes, I know it's confusing), but Ruth-Lena's cover is more retro-Amy Winehouse-y soulful. You can listen to it and buy it from Amazon.

17. B.O.B. featuring Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You
If I were a bigger hip hop fan, this would be higher up... and it wouldn't be the only rap song on this list, probably, but... well, I'm not. I love this song and I THINK it was the first song I heard Bruno Mars on. I know "Billionaire" was a huge hit this past year, but it was also the song I liked and got sick of all in like five minutes, so "Nothin' On You" takes it's spot on this list. Boo, the embedding request is disabled on the music video, but here's a high quality live performance:


16. V.V. Brown - Shark In The Water
This was an EXCELLENT song! I'm a sucker for this kinds of retro-soul sound. I love her slightly raspy voice. I love the video! I just love everything about this song! It should have been a huge mainstream hit, but everyone was busy listening to "Hey Soul Sister" and "Billionaire." Boo!
Once again, embedding is disabled, but click here and check it out! It's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment