Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wonder Wednesday 12-29-10

Off topic, but first up, for anyone who isn't my friend on FB, here is the highly anticipated (by me anyway) DJ Earworm year end United States of Pop mashup, entitled Don't Stop The Pop. I believe this is the fourth one of these he's done and they are all genius! He takes Billboard's listing of the Top 25 songs of the year and mashes them all up into one song! I have been anxiously awaiting this year's edition for weeks now and it has finally arrived and is beyond worth the wait! It blew away every expectation I had! Part of that has to do with this being one of the poppiest, danciest years in pop music in a while, with multiple contributions from Usher, Taio Cruz, Katy Perry and others. But I actually think it's the neatest when he mixes in non-dancy songs like Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" and Train's "Hey Soul Sister." Check it out!

It's amazing all the way through, but I think my favorite parts come toward the end. I love the mashup of Alicia Keyes and Katy Perry "From New York... to California" and I think my absolute favorite is Katy singing, "No regrets..." followed by Bruno Mars, "There's not a thing that I would change..." Just brilliant! I've been listening to it on repeat! You can download it from DJ Earworm's site, and check out his other genius mashups, including all his previous United States of Pops.

The new Teen Tit... ahem, I mean Young Justice series is set to launch on 1-7 and Cartoon Network has released a new 7 minute promo.


I am so excited for this series! The first episode was exquisite and this clip looks equally amazing! The clip features Robin, Aqualad and Kid Flash trying to convince Speedy to join them. I think that's a nice homage to the fact that these are the four classic teen sidekicks.
And the "trinity" at the center of this team are the three first teen sidekicks to join forces, even though this Aqualad isn't the same.
As previously discussed, Wonder Girl wasn't a real unique character and was only added to the Teen Titans as a mistake and Superboy and Miss Martian are both relatively recent creations. But I'm sure ALL the characters will be given their time in the spotlight. This show is too good and I haven't been this excited about a series in a loooooong time!

I'm still watching GI Joe Renegades and it's grown on me. It's a completely new take on GI Joe with nothing to do with any previous incarnation. In the newest episode, there was a lovely homage to the 80s series...
The voices of Duke's parents were provided by the original Duke and Scarlett! (I don't know the actors' names, shame!) Scarlett's voice was immediately recognizable. She has this unmistakable slight rasp in her voice. Duke's was slightly harder to recognize, but I'm sure it was him and what a neat little nod to the series that really launched this long-spanning franchise!

So... at least I have some TV goodness to look forward to in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment