Monday, December 20, 2010

Top 25 Songs of 2010 - 25-21

Welcome to a special five part OMBC special, where I present my picks for top songs of 2010! The process was trickier than I'd initially thought. I listened to all kinds of music this year, but I wanted stuff that was fairly well-known, so some of the more obscure picks got left off in favor of... well, like Ke$ha. Sorry, The Orange Peels and Never Shout Never and Ariel's Pink Haunted Graffiti! Also, it was hard judging the ENTIRE year's hits, I found, because in January and February, the hits are all left over from the year before. And on the flip side, songs that are new now haven't had time to really make an impact yet. So, as much as I love Duffy's new single "Well, Well, Well," I opted to leave it off, while a couple of songs that were released last year actually charted pretty high. So without further ado...

25. Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me
I think I can safely call Mike Posner the new Daniel Beddingfield. I don't think anyone expects to ever hear from this guy again, but "Cooler Than Me" was one of those infectious songs you couldn't get away from.


24. M.I.A. - XXXO
M.I.A.'s major label debut album fell short of expectations, but I thought the single was excellent. It's no "Paper Planes" but it was a thumping, electro club jam that'll I'll be putting on party play lists for the foreseeable future.


23. P!nk - Raise Your Glass
P!nk has turned out to probably be the most enduring star to come out of the late 90s-early 00s pop scene, by appealing to even the most mainstream pop fans and with her edgy persona, even listeners who would never own a Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears album. "Raise Your Glass" is a new single from her greatest hits album and is perfect in that it recalls her past hits like "Get The Party Started" and "You And Your Hand" and typical outcast-empowering lyrics. Glad to see she's still managing to score hits, unlike a lot of her contemporaries.


22. Justin Bieber featuring Ludacris - Baby
I think people are embarrassed to admit to liking him because he IS so young it IS a little creepy, but COME ON!!! "When I was 13, I had my first love..." You can't deny that!


21. Ke$ha - Take It Off
This song was the point where I realized, "Welllllllp, guess she's not going anywhere." I can't deny that this song is catchy... it's probably my favorite of hers, although I think the lyrics would be even more scandalous is it was "THERE'S a hole in the wall" rather than "It's a hole in the wall." FILTHY!

No comments:

Post a Comment