Thursday, December 23, 2010

Top 25 of 2010 -10-6

10. La Roux - Bulletproof
Loud, aggressive, almost cacophonous, I couldn't have been more startled that this song actually made an impression on pop radio! Honestly, it was really too good for that! I guess every so often the general public has a glimmer of good taste. The video rocks too!


9. Cascada - Evacuate the Dancefloor
Previously know for the insipid Euro club hit "Everytime We Touch" and about twenty seven follow-up singles that sounded exactly the same, Cascada adopted a less Euro, more r&b-flavored pop sound for this hit and it was irresistible! It's in the commercial for the XBox 360 Kinect and I've seriously considered buying the system JUST to dance to this song. "Everybody in the cluuuuuub!"
Embedding Disabled... sigh!

8. Taio Cruz - DynamiteI think the proof of how successful this song was is simply how many times it's been covered and adapted by other artists. It's just a brainless fun club jam and the video is even MORE brainless (or is that less... brainful?)! So silly!


7. TIE Lady Gaga - Telephone (featuring Beyoncé)/Bad Romance
If I were only judging "Bad Romance," it would have probably been my #2 song, but it was actually released last year and hit big then. It coasted into 2010 and remained a hit for a month or two and it's sort of wound up being Lady Gaga's signature song, but I marked it down slightly for that. It actually is sharing the spot that "Telephone" would have ended up on its own.

And what about "Telephone?" Who hasn't felt that way before? "Stop calling! Stop calling! I don't wanna think anymore! I left my head and my heart on the dancefloor!" Not sure what to make of that kray kray video, though. HOW is Beyoncé this respected actress? She's AWFUL in this!


6. Robyn - Dancing On My Own
Robyn writes the BEST broken heart songs! She just captures that PAIN so beautifully and poignantly. On this track, it's not just her lyrics either. Her VOICE is just so full of anguish at the lack of notice from her former lover. Just excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment