Thursday, March 17, 2011

Throwback Thursday/My Favorite Songs EVER!!! - Jomanda "Got A Love For You"

Yeah, that's right THREE in one day! This song just randomly popped into my head today and it's been a while since I've posted a MFSE!!! so why not throw it out there today?
Damn, I love house music! Especially early 90s stuff and this was a great one! It hit #1 on the Dance charts and #40 on the Pop chart. Honestly, I was never sure if Jomanda was a woman or group. Turns out, they were a group. They had another Dance #1 when Felix sampled their song "Don't You Want My Love" for his (?) single "Don't You Want Me." Their song "Make My Body Rock" (Dance #6) appeared in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Dance! Online. They released more singles and some of them charted on the Dance charts, but "Got A Love For You" remains their biggest achievement. Sadly, singer Joanne Thomas died in 2003 after a long battle with colon cancer.


Jomanda - Got A Love For You 1991 by KingOfTheFunk

1 comment: